Since there are so many books and so little time, every week I publish a list of good reads to help you narrow down your choices.
If your book club needs a little inspiration, browse these reading lists of tried and true winners!
- First, I have included a selection of lists that I personally recommend…
Then, scroll down to see what other publications have chosen as their best!
Also, check out my series on how to run an effective and satisfying book club…
Here’s a series of lists compiled from what I’ve read (and recommend) from the past year…
- Great Discussion Starters for Book Clubs
- Award-Winning Fiction
- Light and Engaging Pleasure Reads
- Dark and Brooding Reads (why your life isn’t that bad…)
- Nonfiction Not to be Missed
- Best Books I Read in 2009
- Best Books I Read in 2008
- 50 States of Literature (which book best represents your state?) photo credit: gadl
The lists just keep on comin’…
- Time’s Best of 2009
- RA’s Best Mainstream Reads of 2009
- Best Books of the Decade
- NYT Notables for 2009
- Best Uplifting Books
- Amazon’s Best Books of 2009
- Publisher’s Weekly Best 10 Books of 2009
- Best Books of the Millenium
- Best Books for Adolescents
- Best Books for Men
- Best Crowd Pleasing Reads
- New York Times Best Picks for 2008
- 100 Books Everyone Should Have Read in 2008
- LA Times 45 Best Picks for 2008
- Time magazine’s 2007 picks for fiction and nonfiction…
- Tattered Cover’s recommendations, pt. 1, pt. 2, pt. 3, pt. 4, and pt. 5
- Top 8 Books for Discussion according to Nancy Pearl’s Book Lust.
- Top 11 Books for Discussion from 2007 from Reading Group Choices.
- The New York Public Library’s Top 25 Books from 2007.
- The 50 Best Books… Ever!
- Book Sense Picks
- NBCC Good Reads
- Top 15 Hardcover Bestsellers
- What Bestselling Authors Recommend
- What to Read on Vacation
- NPR’s Summer Reads!
- Substantive Summer Reads
- Summer Reads Just for Men
- As well as a link to those books that haven’t worked out so well…
If would like to receive my Monday lists automatically — by email or by RSS reader — please subscribe here.
Questions? Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org! Suggestions for titles? I would love to hear them!