In honor of the lovely season of fall, here’s a football-friendly list of books to read at halftime. I have read Grisham’s Playing for Pizza (and enjoyed it — great choice for an audio book) and my dad enjoyed Dungy’s memoir. I would add Michael Lewis’s The Blind Side.
- Mark Bavaro – Rough and Tumble
- Harlan Coben – Deal Breaker
- Tony Dungy – Quiet Strength: The Principles, Practices, and Priorities of a Winning Life
- John Grisham – Playing for Pizza
- E. Lynn Harris – Just Too Good to Be True
- Mark Kriegel – Namath: A Biography
- Willard Manus – The Pigskin Rabbi
- George Plimpton – Paper Lion: Confessions of a Last-String Quarterback
- Eddie Robinson – Never Before, Never Again: The Stirring Autobiography of Eddie Robinson, the Winningest Coach in the History of College Football
- Dan Rooney – Dan Rooney: My 75 Years with the Pittsburgh Steeler and the NFL
In case you missed my previous sports-themed list: baseball books.