Photo by ali edwards
Last week I posted on the 15 bestselling hardcover titles from 2007. This week I thought it might be interesting to see what some of those authors recommended Real Simple readers read. I included Nelson DeMille, Sophie Kinsella, and Elizabeth Gilbert since they will most likely be on the bestselling list of 2008!
- The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli
- The Atlantic Book of British and American Poetry
- Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham
- The Concrete Blonde by Michael Connelly
- Disney Princess The Ultimate Sticker Book
- 65 Years of Little Golden Books
- The Two Minute Rule by Robert Crais
- The Principles of Uncertainty by Maira Kalman
- Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
- The Treasury of Oz by L. Frank Baum
- The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down by Anne Fadiman
- No Country For Old Men by Cormac McCarthy
- Nine Horses by Billy Collins
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Mrs. Bridge and Mr. Bridge by Evan S. Connell
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
- The Portable Dorothy Parker
- Jane Austen: The Complete Novels
- The Tenderness of Wolves by Stef Penny
- The Third Angel by Alice Hoffman
- The Best American Short Stories
- Skeletons at the Feast by Chris Bohjalian
Pretty interesting! I have read a handful of the above, including The Prince (really thought-provoking), The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down (great book club choice), Nine Horses (even if you are not a fan of poetry, check out Billy Collins), One Hundred Years of Solitude (I liked Love in the Time of Cholera better), The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time (another great book club choice), The Complete Jane Austen (of course), and something by Alice Hoffman.
What about you? Any surprises?
If would like to receive my Monday lists automatically — by email or by RSS reader — please subscribe here.